Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Vowel Sound Costume Project Samples and Instructions

Dear Students,
     One of the projects that I usually do in my Phonetics courses, especially if the quarter happens to be the last quarter of the year is the: Sound Costume.  I have generally asked my students to represent a Consonant Sound, but this time, as I am teaching Phonetics 2, I am asking you to represent a vowel sound.
Remember that you have to:
1.  Select a vowel sound.
2.  Think of a character / Costume that could represent the sound. For example:  Black Cat.
3. Create a slogan of 3-5 lines for your character using mainly words with the vowel sound. For example:  I am a Black Cat. I have a hat. I killed rats... etc".  Try to use as many words as you can.
4.  Be creative and original.
Here are some of my former students pictures (hopefully, they don't mind I post their pictures here)

Please write your comments and questions on the comment section below.

See you in class!
Prof. Ramos

6 comments:

  1. These sound costumes are cool. They were very creative. I hope can make the slogan; it is really hard for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This activity will be fun, the vowel sound are difficult but practice makes perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEYREEL CHAVARRIA These costumes are interesting, especially the first are twin? hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is fairly exciting. i hope to do a very well job, congratulations for the idea teacher l like.
    you should think more ideas like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very excite about my costume. It was a bit difficult but right now I'm finishing it. I hope to do a great job. See you on Saturday ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was very fun, and a differerent way to practice phonetic vowels, and celebrate Halloween party at the same time, congrats teacher see u soon.

    ReplyDelete